Who we are
This is the privacy statement of Abellio Corporate Travel ("ACT"), a business of Abellio Transport Holdings Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England with company number 5618463. In this privacy statement, the "Abellio Group" means ACT and the other companies within the Abellio Group from time to time.
In this privacy statement, references to "We" and "Us" (and connected words such as "Our") refer to ACT. A reference to this "Statement" refers to this privacy statement. We use the term, "personal information", to describe the information We receive or collect about you in terms of this Statement.
This Statement explains how We collect, hold, use, share and/or otherwise process your personal information when you (whether as an individual in your own right or as an employee of one of Our corporate clients) use or receive Our services. Please read the following carefully to understand Our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how We will treat it.
What information do we collect about you?
You or your employer may give Us information about you by: registering with Us, corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, or if you receive a service from Us. This information may include your name, job title, address, contact details (e.g. e-mail address and phone number), travel preference information, as well as any other information needed in order to receive Our services and "employee" means any employee or any other individual on whose behalf the employer authorises US to provide Services.
We may additionally collect information about how you access Our services, including technical information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by Us or the other services We (or any members of the Abellio Group) provide. Further information can be found on the privacy statements on these other websites.
Legal basis for processing information
We process your personal information lawfully and fairly in accordance with data protection laws. We may process your personal information where:
- It is necessary for the performance of Our contract with you or your employer to provide you with the services;
- You have consented to Our processing of your personal information;
- We have a legal obligation to do so; or
- We have a legitimate interest to do so, for example, on a business sale or for fraud prevention purposes
How we use your information
We use your personal information to:
- Exercise Our rights and to perform Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between either you and Us or your employer and Us and to provide you with information essential to Our services;
- To provide you with after-care support, including advising you of prospective renewal dates for ongoing travel arrangements;
- To provide you with information that you request from Us;
- Notify you of changes or updates to Our service;
- To carry out credit checks and for fraud prevention purposes;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
- Administer Our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- Improve Our services and website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Your employer (where you are using Our services as an employee) so as to provide services to you in accordance with Our terms of service with your employer;
- Travel service providers, such as Trainline.com Limited, where necessary to provide you with the services either you or your employer request;
- Other suppliers who perform functions on Our behalf to support Our services;
- Anti-fraud organisations and credit reference agencies;
- Other members of the Abellio Group;
- In the event that We sell any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; and
- Our professional advisers and service providers such as debt collection agencies.
We may use your personal information for marketing purposes in accordance with choices you make from time to time when interacting with Us. More generally, however, to the extent permitted by law, We will use Your personal information to tell you about other similar or complimentary services to those being purchased from Us for you that are offered by ACT or other members of the Abellio Group.
We may send you marketing by e-mail and other channels.
If you would like Us to stop sending marketing messages, contact us using the details at the end of this Statement or follow the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing messages themselves.
Where we store your personal information
Your personal information will be held within the European Economic Area.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements, including by taking all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access or damage to, or loss or destruction of, personal information.
You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting Us by using the contact details set out below.
You have the right to opt-out/object to the processing of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by following the instruction set out under the Marketing section of this Statement.
The law gives you the right to access personal information held about you. You have the right to request that inaccurate personal information is corrected and a right to request a copy of your information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Statement.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) - www.ico.org.uk - if you have any concerns about the way your personal information is being processed by Us.
Third party websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Changes to this Statement
Any changes We may make to this Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Statement.
How long do we keep your data for?
We retain your information for as long as you (or your employer) are receiving Our services and afterwards for as long as may be necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights. This will generally be a minimum of 6 years.
For further information from Us on this Statement or for any queries relating to it, please contact Us by writing to Us at [email protected].